Tascam launches sub-$100 audio interface
3rd Sep 2009 | 11:13
US-100 has mic and instrument inputs
PRESS RELEASE: TASCAM has announced the US-100, a new USB 2.0 Audio Interface positioned at a breakthrough price. The high-quality interface features a microphone input as well as instrument level input for direct recording guitar or bass. Stereo line inputs are provided, and can be switched to phono-level to connect a favorite turntable to digitize a vinyl collection. All of this is housed in a solid aluminum chassis to withstand any abuse from the road to the dorm room.
The US-100 is a 48k/16-bit stereo audio interface that connects to a Mac or Windows computer using USB 2.0. A free copy of Audacity® software is included to start recording right away. Additional features like a 1/8" stereo headphone output and zero-latency monitoring make the US-100 perfect for songwriters and musicians getting started with recording.
TASCAM's US-100 will be available from TASCAM retailers in September at a street price under $100.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- XLR or 1/4" microphone input
- 1/4-inch guitar-level direct input
- RCA line inputs, switchable to RIAA photo inputs with ground lug
- 1/8-inch stereo headphone output
- 48kHz/16-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Audacity recording software included
- Solid aluminum case construction