Roland debuts GW-8 workstation
27th Jun 2008 | 10:36
Karaoke-friendly keys coming soon
In September 2008, Roland release their new GW-8 workstation with intelligent backing-track functionality. It's an all-in-one keyboard particularly suited to solo performers and offers an impressive mix of contemporary sounds, intelligent backing styles, and additional banks of 'ethnic' sounds and styles.
A multi-format USB Memory Player feature allows direct playback of MP3, WAV, AIFF, and SMF files from USB key, while the Centre Cancel feature for audio files enables karaoke-style singalong. Here's the details in Roland's own words...
- Contemporary music workstation with high-quality 128-voice sound engine derived from Roland's renowned sound-module lineup.
- Wide variety of contemporary sounds and intelligent backing styles, plus additional banks of ethnic sounds and styles from around the world- USB Memory Player feature allows direct playback of MP3, WAV, AIFF, and SMF files from USB key; Centre Cancel feature for audio files enables karaoke-style sing-along.
- Newly designed graphical display, plus Style Select button, Analogue Modify knob, and D-BEAM
- Style Converter and Playlist Editor software included
- Onboard 16-track sequencer for saving your interactive performances
There's full details at the Roland website. Pricing is yet to be confirmed.