Moog SlimPhatty: the Moog synth you can afford?
14th Oct 2010 | 10:31
New product based on the Little Phatty
Moog has announced the SlimPhatty, which is being billed as its most affordable and portable synth. Based on the Little Phatty, it will cost £699.
The SlimPhatty is rack-mountable and its specs are as follows:
- Two Rock Solid Oscillators
- Universal Internal Power Supply
- External Audio Input and CV Inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Keyboard Gate.
- MIDI over USB
- New Cutting Edge sound bank
- 24 dB/Oct Moog Ladder filter with filter Overload control and a single Output VCA
- An Envelope Generator section provides two ADSR Envelopes
- The Modulation section contains a 4-waveform LFO, and a 1x2 Mod Bus with 8 possible mod sources and 4 possible destinations
- There is a Master Volume control, Fine Tune, an Output On/Off switch, and a headphone output jack.
The SlimPhatty can be played from its front panel or a MIDI keyboard. It's scheduled to ship in January 2011.