Livid Instruments Cntrl:R unveiled
5th Jan 2012 | 11:38
Designed in collaboration with Richie Hawtin
Livid Instruments has taken the wraps off the Cntrl:R, its latest MIDI control surface. This was designed over a one and a half year period in collaboration with Richie Hawtin and the artists on m_nus records. It's intended to be "small enough to fit into a backpack, but large enough for extensive hands-on control".
At the heart of the Cntrl:R is a 4x4 keypad that you can use to launch clips, play drums and control your software's functions. There are faders, knobs and buttons, too.
The Cntrl:R is totally programmable, but there are scripts available for Ableton Live and Native Instruments' Traktor, indicating that it's been created with live performance very much in mind.
You can pre-order the Cntrl:R now on the Livid Instruments website for the special price of $699.
Livid Instruments Cntrl:R specs
• 14.5" x 9.75" x 1.75" (WDH) / weight 5 lbs.
• USB Powered
• 8 faders, 24 rotary knobs, 12 pushbutton encoders
• 48 Multicolour LEDs with Bi-Directional MIDI communication (talkback)
• Class-compliant: no drivers needed for Mac, Windows, or Linux.
• Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware
• Aluminium body with an ultra durable black finish
• Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction
• Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks
•Expansion Jacks for added functionailty
• Made in the USA
• Compatible with any software that supports MIDI learn
• ROHS compliant
• Includes USB cable, and registration card