LinPlug CrX4 sampling synth released
28th Aug 2012 | 15:17
Promises "sounds no other instrument can produce"
We'd almost forgotten about LinPlug's CronoX 4, which the company previewed in February, but we've just got word that it's been released.
The name has been truncated slightly to CrX4, but this is very much the successor to CronoX 3. It's a synth that comes with its own sampling engine, which promises to lead to the creation of some unique sounds.
Find out more in the press release below - you can buy LinPlug CrX4 from the LinPlug website for $149/€119.
LinPlug CrX4 press release
LinPlug hereby announces the release of the CrX4 Sample Synthesizer AU and VST plugin for Mac OS X and Windows PC. CrX4 is the successor to the CronoX 3 and uses any kind of samples as raw material for synthesis. CrX4 includes a range of virtual analogue features such as a variety of oscillators, unison detuning, amplitude and frequency modulation, the unique free-type-filter, an arpeggiator, and a modulation matrix, wicked LFO's and a comprehensive effects section.
The key feature of CrX4 that distinguishes it from other synths is its unique sampling engine and its free-type-filter which allows sounds no other instrument can produce. Using these features and the CrX4 realtime modulation options supports highly expressive performances and complex evolving sounds.
Main Features (short list)
- Time-Sampler with real-time modulatable time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Wavetable Generator that offers wavetable operations on any sample (modulatable)
- Loop Sampler Generator with realtime modulatable loop-points and sample-start
- Additional analogue-modeled Oscillator and versatile Noise Oscillator
- Free Filter with unique, continuously modulatable filter-type (LP->BP->HP->BR->LP)
- 7 ADSFR or AHDSR-type envelopes for various purposes and 4 LFOs (up to 275 Hz) - Modulation Matrix with 10 routings and 68 destinations
- "MIDI Learn" function for easy controller assignment
- 6 simultaneously available multi effect units
- more than 1000 factory presets from some of the world's finest sound designers
Main new features in comparison to its predecessor CronoX 3 are
- much feature enhanced and faster LFOs
- envelopes switchable between ADSFR and AHDSR with shape now individually adjustable for every phase
- enhanced oscillators allowing more modulation and wider modulation ranges
- all-on-one-edit-page design with much larger sample display
- new noise oscillator with double filter, pitching and cross modulation
- switchable CronoX 2 sound compatibility (automatically on loading CronoX 2 presets)
- new editing functions (typically load, save, copy, paste and init for many modules)
- all sample content comes now in WAV format (for easier processing outside CrX4)
- new preset browser with full size bank or patch view
- About 500 reworked CronoX 3 presets + currently about 200 new presets, more are planned
- AU or VST capable host software
- Minimum 1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 2 GB Disk Space 1280 x 800 screen Recommended 2 GHz, 4 Gb RAM, 1280 x 800 or better screen
- PC: Windows XP or newer, either 32 or 64 bit, including Windows 8
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.5 or newer, either 32 or 64 bit including OSX 10.8
The LinPlug CrX4 is exclusively available as download from LinPlug. It comes with an 70 page English manual in PDF format and more than 1000 factory presets
The license fee is 149 US$ / 119 Euro
The upgrade from either CronoX 2 or CronoX 3 is both 39 US$ / 29 Euro
A demo version is available at www.linplug.com
More info and audio demos are available at http://www.linplug.com/crx4.html