IK Multimedia brings GrooveMaker to iPhone
18th Aug 2009 | 14:21
Old-school app comes to Apple handhelds
PRESS RELEASE: IK Multimedia is proud to announce the launch of GrooveMaker® for iPhone/iPod touch - the revolutionary app that allows you to create and share non-stop electronic, dance and hip-hop songs on the go in real-time just like a professional DJ or music producer.
GrooveMaker for iPhone/iPod Touch – a full porting of the previous Mac/PC application from IK - gives you a completely new way of making music with audio loops. Thanks to our patented "groove generator" technology, you can automatically remix the hundreds of loops included, on the 8 available tracks, in virtually limitless ways, all with one touch.
With GrooveMaker, you can create professional full-length tracks and grooves for your music compositions, ambient soundtracks, movie scores and more. And it's so easy to learn that you'll be creating your songs and remixes in minutes.
Everything in GrooveMaker is done in real-time, without ever having to stop the music. It's like working with a real instrument! You can add, remove, and replace single or multiple loops as you listen, so there's no stopping to your creative flow. GrooveMaker makes remixing a breeze and a totally new experience. Composing is as easy as "drag and drop" and puts you at the controls of the music. It's your mix, and it all happens in real-time. Pick a drum groove. Layer on a bass riff. Add a bass drum beat. Spice it up with melodic and rhythmic lines, leads, pads or effect loops. Browse millions of grooves with one click and pick the ones you like. Change tempo on the fly without stopping the music. Then save it all as a new remix and export it to your Mac/PC.
With GrooveMaker, ANYONE can be a DJ.
- Instantaneous control over 8 stereo loop tracks
- Massive loop library of drums, bass, bass-drums, lines, pads, percussion, effects included
- Play, Mix and Randomize loops on the fly
- Combine studio-quality loops to produce a million possible grooves
- Manipulate loops in real time (pan, volume, mute, solo, group, tempo)
- Arrange grooves easily with drag and drop to create full-length tracks
- Save, preview and recall your mixed tracks
- Upload your tracks as hi-quality WAV file to your Mac/PC (Wi-Fi network required)
- Interactive Help feature allows for quick learning, simply follow the indicated steps
Range, pricing and availability
There are 4 GrooveMaker applications already available and 4 more to come soon for every dance music style, including a fully functional FREE version that you can download to start making music right away!
- House and Hip-Hop styles, 125 loops included (78-125 BPM), FREE
- Techno, Trance and House styles, 189 loops included (130-135-145 BPM), €3.99
- Hip-Hop style, 315 loops included (80-85-90-100 BPM), €7.99
- House style, 315 loops included (120-123-125-127 BPM) €7.99
All these GrooveMaker applications are already available for download and purchase from the Apple iTunes App Store.
For more information, visithttp://www.groovemaker.com
Information taken from official press release
Submit press releases
Email your press release to email@example.com
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
The free MusicRadar newsletter serves up the week's biggest artist and product news stories alongside exclusive tuition and gear reviews. Sign up here!
Follow MusicRadar on Twitter
Get instant updates and bonus contentplus chat with the team. Start here!