Computer Music 203 - BITWIG STUDIO: The CM Guide - May 2014
25th Mar 2014 | 23:55
BITWIG STUDIO – THE CM GUIDE: Tutorials, videos and full review – everything you need to know about this amazing new DAW // FREE Program EQ CM plugin // Over TWO HOURS of video, including Mak & Pasteman in the studio! // Progressive Trance Track-Builder + VIDEO // 303 For FREE + VIDEO // Creative Sidechaining // Easy Guide: Cadences + VIDEO // Lee Bannon interviewed // 2700+ samples to download // Bitwig Studio REVIEWED + iZotope BreakTweaker, NI SuperCharger and 20 more // AND MUCH MORE
BUY THIS ISSUE NOW – AVAILABLE 26 MARCH 2014:
BITWIG STUDIO: THE CM GUIDE
TUTORIALS / REVIEW / EXPERT VIDEOS
Everything you need to know about amazing new DAW Bitwig Studio! Find out how good it really is in our review – and, of course, how it compares to Ableton Live – then get up to speed with its features with our easy-to-follow tutorials and videos. You can follow all of our guides using the demo of Bitwig Studio (fully functional but save-disabled) and discover if this is the DAW you've been waiting for!
You'll learn about:
- The basics: recording, audio, note editing, instruments and effects
- How to use the powerful Unified Modulation System
- Jamming live with Bitwig Studio's Clip Launcher
- Manipulating pitch and more with the unusual Histogram function
- Using hybrid tracks to combine note and audio data
…And much more besides.
Check out this sample video from the article:
FREE PROGRAM EQ CM PLUGIN
- The legendary sound of vintage Pultec-style equalisers is yours with this beautiful EQ from OverTone DSP! Find out more about this awesome PC/Mac plugin on the Program EQ CM page, and hear it in action in this video:
MAK & PASTEMAN IN-STUDIO VIDEO***
- Step into the studio with the UK bass music duo with this exclusive Producer Masterclass video! See how they put together their 80s-influence groovefest Progressive Electro Funk Massacre – check out Part 1 of the video here!
- Undercover:An exclusive 975MB pack of top-secret loops, stings, multisamples, hits and more
- Bonus Classic Videogame samples: 1800+ bleeps, bloops, chip arpeggios and more from the CM archives!
PROGRESSIVE TRANCE TRACK BUILDER
Construct every element of a beautiful trance track from scratch with our deep, video-packed guide. Unlock the production secrets of this enduring genre and become a trance master! Here's the track we'll show you how to create:
303… for FREE!
Recreate the sound of Roland's classic TB-303 with the plugins you get free with the magazine! Our clear instructions and expert videos explain how to build a synth patch from scratch that accurately emulates the unusual characteristics of this iconic synth. Check out one of the videos here.
TUTORIALS and VIDEOS
- Creative Sidechaining: Discover fresh ways of making one sound jump to the beat of another
- Program EQ CM: How to get the most from this issue's incredible free software - PLUS VIDEO
- Easy Guide – Cadences: Punctuate your musical phrases with our easy how-to - PLUS VIDEO
- Keep It Real – Drum Kit: Uncover the intricacies of programming realistic MIDI drums
- AND MORE!
- Lee Bannon:New York's gifted DnB innovator talks tech and his wide-ranging influences
- Alexandre Pages:Abeem Live Technologies' Lead R&D man speaks to CM
- Soul Clap: What five pieces of software can the genre-bending duo not do without?
- Bitwig Studio
- SonyAcid Music Studio 10
- iZotope BreakTweaker
- Native InstrumentsSupercharger
- nudesine Alphasphere
- AudioRealism Redominator
- Waves Scheps 73
- Abeem Rack Performer
- PLUS 15 MORE REVIEWS
35+ PLUGINS to download with this issue
- Every issue of Computer Music comes with CM Plugins, an exclusive collection of pro-quality VST/AU instruments and effects for PC and Mac. Check out our fullCM Plugins listand theCM Plugins FAQfor more info.
…AND MUCH MORE!
***Producer Masterclass video is not currently downloadable. Apple Newsstand readers can watch it directly inside the app via internet streaming. Print edition includes Producer Masterclass on the DVD. Other digital formats inc. Zinio & Google Play do not include Producer Masterclass video.
cm203 is on sale now in the UK, Apple Newsstand and Zinio. Overseas dates for print edition are roughly: USA + 4 weeks after UK / Australia +8 weeks / Europe +2 weeks / South Africa +6 weeks / Canada +4 weeks