Computer Music 201 - Radical Rhythms - March 2014
29th Jan 2014 | 15:26
RADICAL RHYTHMS: Create stand-out beats using time signatures, tempo shifts, polyrhythms, syncopation and more! // Over TWO HOURS of video, including Electronic Youth in the studio! // FREE UVI Defcon instrument // Modular Synthesis Primer // Ableton Operator sound design guide // Step secrets (plus video) // Easy Guide: Arpeggios (plus video) // Project 46 interviewed // 2800+ samples to download // Cubase 7.5 REVIEWED + LinPlug Spectral, Waves J37 Tape and 21 more // AND MUCH MORE
BUY THIS ISSUE NOW:
All editions INCLUDE software, samples, video* and more – see downloads FAQ.
(*Producer Masterclass in-studio videos only with print and Apple Newsstand editions)
RADICAL RHYTHMS – MAIN FEATURE
Create stand-out beats and unique patterns with our essential guide to manipulating timing and tempo!
You'll learn how to:
- Improve your grooves with syncopation, ghost notes and more
- Drive your tracks along with tempo shifts
- Create multilayered rhythmic excitement using polyrhythms
- Construct cross-rhythms and use them as fills
- Disrupt the rhythmic flow with beat displacement
- Go beyond 4/4 time signatures
Check out this sample video from the article:
- Motor City: 900+ hard, drivin' sounds, from skids 'n' screeches to road-ready tracks
- Bonus Classic Hip-Hop samples: 1900+ bumpin' beats, basses and more from the CM archives
FREE UVI DEFCON INSTRUMENT
- Construct pro-standard dance and urban tracks in no time with Defcon, a powerful multitrack instrument for PC and Mac. Created exclusively for Computer Music by sonic perfectionists UVI, find out more about this terrific instrument on the UVI Defcon page and in this video:
ELECTRONIC YOUTH IN-STUDIO VIDEO***
- See UK deep house duo Electronic Youth create a track from scratch in this technique-packed video!
- Here's part 1 of the video – the full thing is OVER AN HOUR in length. Get it only with this issue! (print and Apple Newsstand editions only).
TUTORIALS and VIDEOS
- Step Secrets: Get more out of step sequencers and arpeggiators – PLUS VIDEO
- Modular Synthesis Primer: Start patching up your own custom synth and effects setups
- Smooth Operator: Sound design power guide for Ableton's Operator FM synth
- UVI Defcon: Learn how it works and see a built - PLUS VIDEO
- Easy Guide – Arpeggios: Master broken chords, the easy way - PLUS VIDEO
- Keep It Real – Flute: Programming realistic flute parts
- AND MORE!
- Project 46: Thomas Shaw reveals the backstory behind the house duo's success
- ToneBoosters: Mainman Jeroen Breebaart talks plugin tech and where it's headed
- Oliver Huntemann: The king of UK beatboxing lets rip about his five top-rated pieces of music-making software
- Steinberg Cubase 7.5
- Linplug Spectral
- Humanoid Sound Systems Enzyme
- Waves Abbey Road J37 Tape
- Slate DigitalTrigger 2
- MeldaProduction MMultibandComb
- Universal Audio Fairchild Tube Limiter Plug-in Collection
- LSR Audio VLB525
- elysia museq
- PLUS 15 MORE REVIEWS
35+ PLUGINS to download with this issue
- Every issue of Computer Music comes with CM Plugins, an exclusive collection of pro-quality VST/AU instruments and effects for PC and Mac. Check out our full CM Plugins list and the CM Plugins FAQ for more info.
…AND MUCH MORE!
***Producer Masterclass video is not currently downloadable. Apple Newsstand readers can watch it directly inside the app via internet streaming. Print edition includes Producer Masterclass on the DVD. Other digital formats inc. Zinio & Google Play do not include Producer Masterclass video.
cm201is on sale now in the UK, Apple Newsstand and Zinio. Overseas dates for print edition are roughly: USA + 4 weeks after UK / Australia +8 weeks / Europe +2 weeks / South Africa +6 weeks / Canada +4 weeks