Computer Music 197 – Clean Up Your Recordings – November 2013
9th Oct 2013 | 16:00
Clean Up Your Recordings – Make rough and ready tracks sound rich and powerful with our techniques and advice! // FREE and exclusive SKnote Snap plugin // 900 Epic Fantasy sample + 3150 bonus samples // 17 tutorial videos // Noisia interviewed // Get more from Thor // Kell On Urth in-studio video // Loop Lab // Master your Mixer // Music Theory: Ornaments // Reviewed: KMI QuNexus, Sugar Bytes WOW2, NI Traktor Z1 + 20 more reviews // AND MUCH MORE!
BUY THIS ISSUE NOW:
All editions INCLUDE software, samples, video and more – see downloads FAQ.
CLEAN UP YOUR RECORDINGS – MAIN FEATURE
Make rough and ready tracks sound rich, powerful and professional with our techniques and advice! If you've ever spent hours recording only to later discover problems like harshness, boxiness, non-existant bass, poor timing, rumble, noise, hiss, and so on, then this is the feature for you.
You'll learn how to:
- Fix boxy, dull or harsh guitars
- Remove annoying ringing from drums
- Bring back the bottom end of bass-less recordings
- Trigger shoddy drums – replace them with powerful samples!
- Fake double-tracking from a single recorded part
- Control "jumpy" frequencies in vocals
- Patch up dropouts, mains hum and other artifacts
Check out this sample video from the article:
KELL ON URTH IN-STUDIO VIDEO
We go into the studio with angel-voiced singer and producer Kelly Mueller to take a close look at the production and mixing techniques behind her track Badbye.
FREE TRANSIENT ENHANCER PLUGIN
- SKnote Snap: Enhance your mixes with this incredible dynamic transient exciter for Mac & PC, created exclusively for Computer Music by SKnote – you can't get it anywhere else! Check out the full feature list.
- Epic Fantasy: 900 mighty sounds fit for heroic deeds! Sweeping orchestral magic, bold sound effects and more
- Bonus Classic Techno & Drum samples: 3150 sounds selected from the CM archives
TUTORIALS and VIDEOS
- More From Thor: Patch design power guide for the amazing Reason/iPad synth
- Loop Lab: Create your own library of inspirational sample-pack-style loops - PLUS VIDEO
- Mixer Basics: Are you using your DAW's mixer to its fullest? You will be with our guide!
- Snap: How to use this issue's fantastic plugin giveaway - PLUS VIDEO
- Easy Guide – Ornaments: Embellish your tunes with trills, mordents, turns and more - PLUS VIDEO
- PLUS lots more tutorials
- Noisia: Production-focused interview with the dutch DnB giants!
- Cakewalk: Company president Michael Hoover settles down for a chat with CM
- Jon Hopkins: What five bits of software can the electronica wiz not live without?
- Keith McMillen Instruments QuNexus
- Native Instruments Traktor Z1
- Sugar Bytes WOW 2
- Universal Audio Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- Sony Sound Forge Pro 11
- Audio Artery One DJ
- Waves RS56
- Togu Audio Line TAL-BassLine-101
- HOFA IQ Reverb
- PLUS 15 MORE REVIEWS
30+ PLUGINS to download with this issue
- Every issue of Computer Music comes withCM Plugins, an exclusive collection of pro-quality VST/AU instruments and effects for PC and Mac. Check out our fullCM Plugins listand theCM Plugins FAQfor more info.
…AND MUCH MORE!
***Producer Masterclass video is not currently downloadable. Apple Newsstand readers can watch it directly inside the app via internet streaming. Print edition includes Producer Masterclass on the DVD. Zinio does not include Producer Masterclass video.
cm197 is on sale now in the UK, Apple Newsstand and Zinio. Overseas dates for print edition are roughly: USA + 4 weeks after UK / Australia +8 weeks / Europe +2 weeks / South Africa +6 weeks / Canada +4 weeks